An Image For The Moment

An Image For The Moment
An Image For The Moment - Kjosfossen - dedicated to Matt, a friend

Wednesday 22 June 2011

And They Shall Fear My Tread (1)

Today's supermarket scam seen in Tesco Extra, Havant. Subsidiary and partially obscured display Tetley teabags 240s, £3 a packet. On the main aisle where all Tetley sizes were together, no shelf edge ticket for the 240s promotion but large eye catching promotion for 160s - 2 for £6. So, to summarise then, that would be 320 teabags for £6 or, erm, 480 teabags for £6; that takes some thought doesn't it? Remedial action, theatrical demonstration to Produce Manager who visibly winced. He should; I waited for the end of a meeting of 10 managers - that's about the same number of people who were on checkouts at the time. Go figure. Yup, I know I'm an asshole but I am an asshole with proper motivation and a heart in the right place. It is actually wrong to want things done properly and fairly?

There were small clusters of people on Havant's pavements today. They were all affected by the same fraud perpetrated by banks and building societies across the country. Yes, it's the old 9.30 opening for 'training' trick. Having a nice chat and a cup of coffee is not 'training'. And 9.32 isn't 9.30. If you're going to open late, do so on time, thank you.

The Hyundai i10, a small car driven by people with low budgets and marginal driving skills. I don't know if there is a hybrid version but I am fairly sure that the one in front of us this morning runs on 4 AA batteries - which needed recharging.



Today's prize for sheer magnificence, the day after I passed my medical, goes to Marks and Spencer All Butter Cheese Twists.

No comments:

Post a Comment